the perfect camera bag?
Last year, I wrote a quick blogpost about my search for the perfect camera bag. This search finally may be over, as I got myself a Lowepro Whistler BP 350 AW II right before our trip to Sirkka, Finland.
the bags main features
- the bag can be used as carry-on luggage
- I can carry TWO! large DSLRs and 1-2 extra lenses, a couple of memory cards and a tripod
- my surface book laptop fits in nicely
- I can carry a 0.5+ litre water bottle
- the bag is weather resistent
holds LOTS of gear
For our trip to the Lofoten islands, I’ve had a hard time to figure out what gear to bring and what to leave at home, but in the end I came up with the following setup:
- 2x Nikon D810 DSLR (with L-bracket attached)
- Tamron 45mm SP (attached to Body ‘A’)
- 70-300 AF-P lens (attached to Body ‘B’)
- Nikon 14-24mm f2.8
- Nikon 24-85 ED VR
- card safe with multiple memory cards
- battery pouch with 5x en-el15 Even though the main compartment was pretty packed, there still was plenty of space in the front and top compartment, in addition to the dedicated laptop slide-in.
So I’ve had this bag for a little over 6 months now, and I absolutely love it! Currently I can’t think of a task or challenge this bag wouldn’t be up to. It feels super-durable and will probably last a decade or longer. It fits more camera gear than you’ll probably need and also provides a lot of space for additional everyday-items.